Standard Conditions of Hire
Conditions of Hire - North Barrow Village Hall
Standard conditions of hire
These standard conditions apply to all bookings of North Barrow Hall. If you are in any doubt as to the meaning of any of the conditions, please consult the booking secretary on 01963 240010, or email@example.com.
HELP KEEP THIS HALL COVID-19 SECURE
Only small groups are permitted in line with government guidelines, until further notice. Please check the current directives before attempting to book.
- You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days of visiting these premises alert Test, Track and Trace. Alert the hall committee and alert the organiser of the activity you attended.
- Make sure you have names and contact details of everyone attending, in case there is an outbreak of infection, following your event
- Maintain 2 metres social distancing as much as possible and wear a face covering if meeting with anyone outside your household or "bubble".
- Please provide your own PPE as you see fit for your event. We do not provide masks or gloves
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on entering the premises. Clean your hands often. Soap and paper towels are provided. There is hand gel at the entrance to the hall.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes. Clean your hands if you do.
- “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”. Tissues should be disposed of into the rubbish bin provided at the entrance. Then wash your hands.
- Check your event organiser has sanitised door handles and other items to be used prior to your arrival. This includes the disabled toilet by front entrance.
- Kitchen, main ladies & gents toilets are not to be used. Please use the disabled loo only and sanitise after use.
- Take turns to use confined spaces such as corridors and toilet areas. Standing or sitting next to someone is lower risk than opposite them. Briefly passing another person in a confined space is low risk.
- Keep the hall well ventilated. Close doors and windows on leaving.
Responsibility: The hirer must be over the age of 21 and accepts the responsibility for all the conditions required for hiring the hall. This requires the hirer to be on the premises at all times when the public is present and ensuring that all the conditions are met relating to the management and supervision of the premises. The Hirer, during the period of the hiring, will be responsible for the good care of the premises, the fabric and the contents, health and safety of themselves and all members of their group, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the lane outside and all exits from the premises. The hirer should make good, or pay for any damage to the hall and/or contents (including accidental damage) which exceeds the £50 deposit which will be cashed if necessary. Deposit for a party of teenagers rises to £500, see below. Any equipment brought to the hall is the hirer's responsibilty. The committee does not accept any liabilty for items belonging to the hirer. All events must be finished by 12 midnight including clearing away.
Use of premises: The hirer must not use the premises for any other purpose than that described in the hiring agreement on the booking form. Please inform the booking secretary before bringing any extra equipment to the hall. Nothing should be affixed to the walls, doors, floors or ceiling of the building, without permission from a committee member. Hirers are reminded that they are responsible for any accident or injury arising out of the activity for which they have booked the premises. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the premises are safe for the purpose for which they intend to use them.
Insurance and indemnity: North Barrow Hall has insurance to cover its own equipment and contents. This insurance does not cover any of the hirer’s own equipment whether brought into the hall or stored on the premises.
All regular users therefore, are recommended to arrange their own insurance cover for their own equipment for use by their group and arrange cover for any personal injury sustained whilst involved in the activity provided by the hirer. There is public liability for one-off events but this is at the discretion of the committee. If the group using the hall has its own insurance cover, this will take precedence over the cover provided by North Barrow Hall. North Barrow Hall is insured against any claims arising from its own negligence.
Public safety compliance: The hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Local Authority, the Licensing Authority and the hall’s Fire Risk Assessment, particularly in connection with any event which constitutes regulated entertainment, at which alcohol is sold or provided or which is attended by children. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than the purpose stated on the booking form. The Hirer shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything to bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof. All decorations or other added items must be fire retardent.
The hirer must ensure that all means of exit from the premises are kept free
of obstruction and immediately available for instant public evacuation.
Teenage Parties: We do not accept bookings for teenage parties (aged 13-19). Whilst the committee does not intend to discriminate against any age group, teenagers pose an added level of risk. We have experienced major problems in the past with no parental control leading to gate-crashers, broken property, excessive dirt, smoking on the premises, smashed glass in all areas leading to danger for other users and neighbours. There was also major damage to the fire safety equipment. We will accept a family party where the main participants are adult family members. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact the booking secretary.
Gaming, betting and lotteries: The hirer shall ensure that nothing is done in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
Music, copyright licensing: North Barrow Hall holds relevant licences under the Performing Rights Society (PRS). Where appropriate, the hirer is responsible for arranging their own licences.
Children Act 2004 (1989): The hirer shall ensure that any activities for children comply with the Children Act 2004 and only fit and proper persons who have passed the appropriate Criminal Records Bureau checks should have access to the children.
Food safety: The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations. There is a list of Do's and Don'ts for food saftey displayed in the kitchen
Smoking, drugs and vaping: Smoking or use of drugs are not permitted anywhere on the premises or surrounding areas, this includes e-cigarettes.
Electrical safety: The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him/her to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and should be used in a safe manner. If equipment brought into the building is faulty this could result in the electric trip switches being activated and the resultant loss of power will be the responsibility of the hirer.
Noise. The Hirer is responsible that good order is maintained during the period of hire where sound amplification is used ensuring that no disturbance or nuisance is caused to persons in the locality giving rise to a formal complaint. The Hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure.
Bouncy Castles It is essential that the manufacturers and hire company’s instructions are followed. Children must be closely supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times.
The conroller for the heating is on the wall to the left of the front door, next to the fire alarm panel.
To initiate press the button once. Turns on for 30 mins = 1 red light
Press twice. Turns on for 1 hour = 2 red lights
Press thrice. Turns on for 2 hours = 3 red lights
* Please do not obstruct the fire doors and all doors must be immediately available for instant free public exit.
* Please do not use naked flames
Electrical Appliance safety
The hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliance brought by them to the hall and used there shall be safe and in good working order.
Accidents and Dangerous Occurences
The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public to a member of the village hall committee (all contact numbers are on the front door) as soon as possible. Please report any breakages or problems in the file for this pupose located in the kitchen.
When you have finished at the hall
- Wash all tables thoroughly before putting away.
- Replace all furniture to the right hand side of the store cupboard, making sure that there is room to access the dog training equipment. Please note that 3 tables and about 6 chairs stay in the main hall. The committee room has 2 tables and a few chairs.
- Make sure all crockery and cutlery are clean and put away, do not leave in dishwasher.
- Wipe down all work surfaces in the kitchen.
- Use the large broom, mop and bucket in the disabled loo to sweep up the hall.
- Nappies – please take all nappies home with you (these have been left in the Ladies and cause smells for several days!)
- All rubbish to be put in large black dustbin outside. Anything that does not fit must be taken away by the hirer
- Recycled items, such as bottles, plastics, cans and paper must be recycled, any excess taken home with you.
As you leave
- Lights are turned off, please check the toilets
- Rubbish in bins outside or taken away
- Windows and doors secured
- Gate to car park shut
- Return the keys to Norman Howard, Field Cottage, North Barrow
Thank you very much Updated December 2020